Wednesday 20 March 2019

Morbier Clock, 'Marciac'. Wall Bracket.

The clock is now to be tested properly so i needed a wall bracket. Rooting round i found some old oak and built a simple bracket that is in keeping with the clocks age.
I have also now sourced a pendulum and key.
The pendulum i believe is from a later clock. Mine has a string suspension and i believe these generally had a simple bob on a tri fold bracket. ( i presume the later ones are too heavy with the risk of the string breaking).
The pendulum though is clearly of the right size as i am getting the clock more accurate by the hour. I let it run for an hour and then adjust the nut on the bottom. I started at 9am and have gone from 10 minutes fast to within the minute.  I will adjust now after longer period to see how it goes.

When all is adjusted and we are running well i will re-attach the clock face .



I have also attached a pull to the chime mechanism. It was there so i felt compelled. I just need to find a pull toggle more in keeping, or stain this one darker.



No comments:

Post a Comment